Monday, November 22, 2010

Award Winning Roach-Hair Base Turkey Beard (made for Ellis in Pennsylvania)

This fine 7" turkey beard features a full, unclipped, hair base of red deer tail. It has 3 full rows of healthy turkey beard, with a 10" tall crown and one outer row of deer hair. The roach was made for a Straight dancer from Pennsylvania. It won the "People's Choice Award" for the craft contest at ShuShuGa pow wow in NY (November 19-20, 2010). We have turkey beard in stock, order today! 

The custom silverwork in these pictures (spreader, bandolier pieces)  is made by Tim Caster. His silverwork is also available when purchasing a roach or for individual sale. Contact us if interested.











1 comment:

  1. Hi My name is James and I am trying to make my own roach. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to how I can dye the deer tail. I have tried hair dye and clothing dye and I am not getting it the bright that you have on yours. I have gotten some suggestions to use berries, I only have so much material and can only afford to do the process a couple of times. If you would like to discuss direct please feel free to email nat bravejmom@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete